If a view on a single base table is
manipulated will the changes be reflected on the base table?
If changes are made to the tables and these tables are the base tables
of a view, then the changes will be reference on the view.
Which of the following statements is true about implicit cursors?
1. Implicit cursors are used for SQL statements that are not named.
2. Developers should use implicit cursors with great care.
3. Implicit cursors are used in cursor for loops to handle data
4. Implicit cursors are no longer a feature in Oracle.
Which of the following is not a feature of a cursor FOR loop?
1. Record type declaration.
2. Opening and parsing of SQL statements.
3. Fetches records from cursor.
4. Requires exit condition to be defined.
A developer would like to use referential datatype declaration on a
variable. The variable name is EMPLOYEE_LASTNAME, and the corresponding
table and column is EMPLOYEE, and LNAME, respectively. How would the
developer define this variable using referential datatypes?
1. Use employee.lname%type.
2. Use employee.lname%rowtype.
3. Look up datatype for EMPLOYEE column on LASTNAME table and use that.
4. Declare it to be type LONG.
Which three of the following are implicit cursor attributes?
If left out, which of the following would cause an infinite loop to
occur in a simple loop?
2. END LOOP
Which line in the following statement will produce an error?
1. cursor action_cursor is
2. select name, rate, action
3. into action_record
4. from action_table;
5. There are no errors in this statement.
The command used to open a CURSOR FOR loop is
4. None, cursor for loops handle cursor opening implicitly.
What happens when rows are found using a FETCH statement
1. It causes the cursor to close
2. It causes the cursor to open
3. It loads the current row values into variables
4. It creates the variables to hold the current row values
Under which circumstance must you recompile the package body after
recompiling the package specification?
1. Altering the argument list of one of the package constructs
2. Any change made to one of the package constructs
3. Any SQL statement change made to one of the package constructs
4. Removing a local variable from the DECLARE section of one of the
Procedure and Functions are explicitly executed. This is different from
a database trigger. When is a database trigger executed?
1. When the transaction is committed
2. During the data manipulation statement
3. When an Oracle supplied package references the trigger
4. During a data manipulation statement and when the transaction is
Which Oracle supplied package can you use to output values and messages
from database triggers, stored procedures and functions within SQL*Plus?