23. Improvement in power factor reduces
(a) power consumed by consumer, (b) power generation, (c) both a &
24. Read about field test of Series Motor...
25. No-load test for Synchronous motor, the graph is drawn
(a) stator open ckt emf Vs field
26. An AC voltage of 50Hz is impressed in a resistive ckt, the oscillating power
has a frequency (a) 50 Hz, (b) 100, (c) no oscillating power is there in
resistive ckt......Ans: (a)
27. Insulation used in transformer ___________leakage flux.
(a) increases, (b) decreases............Ans: (b)
28.After rain what happens to Insulator (a) break-down strength of Insulator
decreases, (b)Arch length reduces, ..........Ans: (b).....[Confirm it]
29.Diversity factor helps to ............(what ?) [Read diversity factor, load
factor, Reserve capacity factor in depth, with
30. Why capacitance is shown as a Shunt element in analysis of transmission line
(a) it is between Conductor & earth, (b) because Admittance is used for
calculation of capacitive reactance........................Ans: (a)
31. B-R-Y sequence is followed in three phase system, if phase voltage in
B-phase is Vm sin 100, then the phase voltage in R-phase would be (a) Vm sin
32. In a particular ckt I = Im Sin (wt -270) and V = Vm Sin wt, then type of ckt
is (a) pure resistive ckt
33. In a L-R ckt energy lost = 2000 W, energy conserved = 500W, then what is the
time constant...........Ans: time constant = L/R = 0.5
34. In electro-dynamometer A'meter & wattmeter the type of scale is
35. For the same current carrying capacity corona loss of ACSR will be
________than copper conductor.
(a) more, (b) less, (c) equal.
36. A R-C ckt , supplied with DC, a bulb is connected across the Capacitor, then
what happens to the illumination, if we change the capacitance.
Ans: No change at all
37. Read about surge impendence of over-head and under-ground cable, Surge
impedence formula = sqrt(L/C)
[N.B] We are not mentioning the options in sequence, and do not think that ans
for the most questions is option (a). Read all options very carefully as all are
very close to each other.
QUANTITATIVE PAPER + PCM paper
45 Questions ---------45 minutes
1. About 10 quanti questions ( based on Mixture, Work etc. of very easy type)
2. What is GDP ?
3. Vector algebra, codition for Co-planer vector etc.
4. Gravitation, geo-synchronous satellite( it's hight, orbit , radius
etc.), escape velocity, how g (gravitational accln) varies, about gravitational
5. Basic electricity and Magnetism----Biot-savart law, current carrying
6. Nuclear physics, Bohr's constant, and Other theories related .
7. Problem based on VIBGYOR , how wave length and frequency is varying.
8. Questions based on Plank's Theory, E =hv
9. V=u + at , V2=u2 + 2as and W = mgh questions based on above theory
10. Faraday's laws of electrolysis, m = Zit
11. Heat conduction problem.
12. Co lour-coding of resistor (BBROYGBVGW)
13. How velocity of light changes in different medium while frequency remain
14. statistics , calculation of mode, co-efficient regression (3-4 Questions)
15. f(x) = Sin x + Cos x, find the maximum value of the function.......Ans: sqrt
16. Formulae for parallel plate capacitor and force between plates.
Page No :