1. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the
class is composed of girls
A.y/(x + y)
C.x/(x + y)
2. What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled
with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
3. If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is the
value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
4. A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee,putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm.
grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a
gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade,how much will the shop save in
blending 100 gms.
5. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these questions are 50
mathematics problems.It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each
maths problem as for each other question.How many minutes should be spent on
6. In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not
studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
7. If 13 = 13w/(1-w) ,then (2w)2 =
8. If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
(A) b < a
(B) b > a
(C) b = a
(D) b >= a
9. In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played.
After a phenomenal winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many
games must the team have won in a row to attain this average?
10. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much
more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/
Page No :