3. A certain city is served by subway lines A,B and C and
numbers 1,2 and 3.
When it snows , morning service on B is delayed
When it rains or snows , service on A, 2 and 3 are delayed both in the morning
When temp. falls below 30 degrees farenheit afternoon service is cancelled in
either the A line or the 3 line,
but not both.
When the temperature rises over 90 degrees farenheit, the afternoon service is
cancelled in either the line C or the
3 line but not both.When the service on the A line is delayed or cancelled,
service on the C line which connects the A line, is delayed.When service on the
3 line is cancelled, service on the B line which connects the 3 line is delayed.
1. On Jan 10th, with the temperature at 15 degree farenheit, it snows all day.
On how many lines will service be
affected, including both morning and afternoon.
2. On Aug 15th with the temperature at 97 degrees farenheit it begins to rain at
1 PM. What is the minimum number
of lines on which service will be affected?
3. On which of the following occasions would service be on the greatest number
of lines disrupted.
(A) A snowy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(B) A snowy morning with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(C) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(D) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 95 degree farenheit
4. In a certain society, there are two marriage groups, red and brown. No
marriage is permitted within a group. On marriage, males become part of their
wives groups; women remain in their own group. Children belong to the same group
as their parents. Widowers and divorced males revert to the group of their
birth. Marriage to more than one person at the same time and marriage to a
direct descendant are forbidden
1. A brown female could have had
I. A grandfather born Red
II. A grandmother born Red
III Two grandfathers born Brown
(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I, II and III
(D) I and II only
2. A male born into the brown group may have
(A) An uncle in either group
(B) A brown daughter
(C) A brown son
(D) A son-in-law born into red group
3. Which of the following is not permitted under the rules as stated.
(A) A brown male marrying his father's sister
(B) A red female marrying her mother's brother
(C) A widower marrying his wife's sister
(D) A widow marrying her divorced daughter's ex-husband
4. If widowers and divorced males retained their group they had upon marrying
which of the following would be permissible ( Assume that no previous marriage
(A) A woman marrying her dead sister's husband
(B) A woman marrying her divorced daughter's ex-husband
(C) A widower marrying his brother's daughter
(D) A woman marrying her mother's brother who is a widower.
Page No :