6. A room is 30 X 12 X 12. a spider is ont the middle of the
wall, 1 feet from the top, and a fly is ont he middle of the opposite wall
1 feet from the bottom. what is the min distance reqd for the spider to
crawl to the fly.
7. A man while going dowm in a escalator(which is miving down) takes 50
steps to reach down and while going up takes 125 steps. If he goes 5 times
faster upwards than downwards. What will be the total no of steps if the
escalator werent moving.
8. 2/3 of corckery(plates) are broken, 1/2 have some other thing(handle)
broken , 1/4 are both broken and handle broken. Ultimately only 2 pieces
of corckery were without any defect. How many crockery were there in
10. It is difficult to draw a figure but another question was
in which some
NAND and OR gates were given.
ans - Z = true.
Test has 2 sections
1. Aptitude consist of 4 sections n consisted of diagrammatic reasoning n non
2. Technical test consisted of 4 sections each of pseudocode,c,unix n sql all
tests r computer based
The tests were :
1. Analytical reasoning: maths
2. diagrammatic reasoning: In this, we were given 8 diagrams and had to select
dg frm the givn choices. U have to be very fast in this test.
3. problems to be solved using Venn diagrams.
4. This test was to check our adaptation to the computer screen.We had to solve
abt 30 qs in 15 min.
U have to be very very fast in this also.
5. In this test we were given a booklet of abt 7-8 pgs in which there was the
syntax of some
hypothetical lang, ( its syntax was somewhat like Visual Basic). This was very
easy since the
whole syntax was given & u can refer to it. We were given almost 90-120mins for
this test. If u
want u can rd the booklet before the start of the test.The qs consisted of
programs for which
u have to find the o/p or where there is wrong syntax etc.
6. C test: Study pointers very well .Visit www.c4swimmers.esmartguy.com that
helps you to test the
programming strengths. It also consists of qs on args of main function, i.e.
argc and argv
7. SQL test: It consisted of sql queries mainly inner join, outer join ,group by
8. Unix test: kernel, 1-2 qs on TCP/IP, basic commands ( more on commands).
Some Sample Questions
1. All birds are animals. All animals are four legged. Implications
a. All animals which are four legged are birds.
b. All birds are four legged
c. Some birds are four legged
d. Some birds are animals but not four legged.
1. a and b 2. b and c 3. only b 4. only d
2. All fat people are not dancers, food loving people are all fat .Find the
3. The day before yesterday was WEDNESDAY then the day after 2morrow is? 3. A
goes to the party if B goes
B goes to the party if C goes
C goes to the party if D goes
Totally how many will go to the party?
4. Mary's father's brother is Andrews Andrews daughter's son is Sunil Brothers
name is Sam Who is Sam to Sunil?
5. If A>B,A<C,B>D,B<DFind the Shortest?
6. There are A,B techers and C,D doctors.Find the possible no of combinations
that should not be repeated more than once?
7. There are 3 males and 2 females,find the possible no of orders that can be
made by making the arrangement as in between two males one women is allowed to
8. The syntax of command statement in UNIX 10. If the permission for a file is
000,then the file can be accessed by whom?
9. Where we can run two same programs on a UNIX console at the same time?
10. Which is the Shell of UNIX?
11. What is the number of the masked code ee@?
12. If we are terminated at the middle of the program execution in UNIX,what
will happen to the program,it will (i) continue running
(iii)the o/p will be send to ur mail?
13. what is the command to connecto to remote terminals
14. what is the command to fetch first 10 records in a file
15. unix has the following features
16. We are UPDATING a field in SQL and ALTER the row also.After giving the
COMMIT command the system is crashed.What will happen to the commands
given,whether it will UPDATE and ALTER the table or not?
17. How will add additional conditions in SQL?
18. How will u print TATA alone from TATA POWER using string copy and concate
commands in C?
19. If switch(n)
case 1:printf("CASE !");
What will be printed?
20. How will u divide two numbers in a MACRO?
Page No :