Test for all is 3 hours 100 technical separate for each group
and 50 gk and aptitude questions same for all!
Then comes the interview questions asked in ECE interview were fundamental.
Questions asked in my interview were:
1. Which college and university are you coming from?
2. Did you appear for GATE? Why are you not interested in higher studies?
3. Did you appear for IES?
4. Did you appear for any other board interview of public sector?
5. The subjects you have learned in college can be divided into three- basic
electronics, communication and digital logic. Tell me any five subjects you
(I told radar and navigational aids, electronic warfare, satellite
communication, biomedical instrumentation, fuzzy electronics and basic digital
electronics as my subjects)
Board member1 (QUESTION LEVEL- MODERATE)
1. Write the truth table for full adder and implement it in NAND gate only.
2. What's the difference between looping 0s and 1s in K map?
3. Difference between microprocessor and micro controller
4. Microprocessors you are familiar with
5. How will you send and receive data to a micro-processor? (One method is I/O
mapped I/O which is the other one?)
6. Radar range equation?
7. Does the radar range depend upon the frequency of the signal transmitted?
8. What is Doppler shift? What is its importance?
BOARD MEMBER -2 QUESTION LEVEL- TOUGH)
1. I will make two fuzzy statements. Pencil is long. Table is long. What is the
term long signify?
2. What is a membership function?
3. What are the design criteria for very low frequency amplifier?
4. Can you measure distance with the help of CW radar? If so how?
5. How will you design a stable oscillator? (Not with crystal oscillator because
temperature affects it)
6. You have designed an amplifier. After few days it is found that its gain have
changed. What might be the reason?
BOARD MEMBER-3 (QUESTION LEVEL- MODERATE)
1. A plane is moving in a circular path around the transmitter of the radar.
Will there be Doppler shift detected in the radar?
2. State Keplers laws
3. Why there is more geo synchronous satellite?
4. The angular difference between two satellites is 2 degree. What is the
maximum number of satellites needed to cover the whole earth?
5. What is the minimum number of satellites needed to cover the whole earth?
BOARD MEMBER-4 QUESTION LEVEL- MODERATE)
1. Which is the law of conservation involved in the second of Keplers?
2. Why do you explain elliptical orbit while stating Kepler's law? Why not
3. What are the advantages of optical communication?
4. What are the invasive and non-invasive methods of instrumentation?
For CS guys they started with this question: What is a key board? Where u will
connec? What will happen if you press the keys?..
For maths guys they asked some questions on series.. I don't know muchSome guys
were selected just by describing the final year project.
Sample questions asked in ISRO board (ECE)
1) How does a satellite communication work?
2) Why numerical methods used in research?
3) Hell lot of questions in TV engineering like horizontal and vertical
frequencies, what will happen if they are reversed, interlaced scanning, PAL and
some other questions.
4) Basic digital questions
5) Basic communications like SSB, AM, FM, VSB and what will happen if AM and FM
is interchanged in TV transmission.
6) Some questions on project.
Main model of technical question in exam are
Direct theory question.
Direct numerical problem.
Indirect theory and numerical problem.
Graph based questions.
Assertion and reasoning type
Block diagram based (control theory)
Page No :