Instructions: 1) All the questions are compulsory.
1. Figures to the right indicate the marks for each question of that section.
2. Answer the questions by drawing a circle around the option that you think is
I. English Language Ability :
A. Part I [1 x 7 = 7 Marks]
Questions 1-7 are incomplete sentences. Beneath each sentence you will see four
words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C) and (D). Choose the one word or phrase
that best completes the sentence.
1. After the funeral, the residents of the apartment building __________
a. sent faithfully flowers all weeks to the cemetery.
b. sent to the cemetery each week flowers faithfully.
c. sent flowers faithfully to the cemetery each week.
d. sent each week faithfully to the cemetery flowers.
2. Because the first pair of pants did not fit properly, he asked for ________
a. another pants
b. others pants
c. the others ones
d. another pair
3. The committee has met and _________
a. they have reached a decision
b. it has formulated themselves some
c. its decision was reached at
d. it has reached a decision
4. Alfred Adams has not ________
a. lived lonelynessly in times previous
b. never before lived sole
c. ever lived alone before
d. before lived without the company of his friends
5. Johnís score on the test is the highest in the class; ___________
a. he should study last night
b. he should have studied last night
c. he must have studied last night
d. he must had to study last night
6. Henry will not be able to attend the meeting tonight because _________
a. he must to teach a class
b. he will be teaching a class
c. of he will teach a class
d. he will have teaching a class
7. Having been served lunch, __________
a. the problem was discussed by the members of the committee
b. the committee members discussed the problem
c. it was discussed by the committee members the problem
d. a discussion of the problem was made by the members of the committee
Part II [1 x 7 = 7 Marks]
In question 8-14, each sentence has four underlined words or phrases. The four
underlined parts of the sentence are marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). Identify the
one underlined word or phrase that must be changed in order for the sentence to
1. The main office of the factory can be found in Maple Street in New York City.
a. the main
b. be found
2. Because there are less members present tonight than there were last night, we
must wait until the next meeting to vote.
d. to vote
3. David is particularly fond of cooking, and he often cooks really delicious
b. fond of
c. often cooks
4. The progress made in space travel for the early 1960s is remarkable.
c. in space
Page No : 1