1) What is a smith chart used for
2) How is impedance matching done and why do we need it (basically can talk
about ideal power supply needing a low internal resistance and high load to
function properly. so one stage of transistor amplifier has to have low o/p
resistance and high i/p resistance for next stage- do look up all basic
electronics) ( also about sinking high currents without damage)
3) Name all flipflops u know and working esp. master slave.
4) C programming - program to find how many 1's are present in an integer
variable using bitwise operators. something about dynamic allocation, static
5) c++ virtual functions
6) what types of control r there
8) Though i did mention that i was most comfortable with digital systems,
microprocessors, i was asked only one or 2 questions on this topic like what is
program counter, stack operation, etc.
9) A lot about final year project.
10) All electives, and subjects mentioned in CV.
11) CV as in most companies, is inspected very carefully during interview. so be
careful what u put there lest they ask u something u are not prepared for.
THE PAPER IS IN TWO PARTS iN THE FIRST ONE THERE ARE 40
QUESTIONS OF VISUAL REASONING AND IN SECOND THERE ARE 50 QUESTIONS FROM
MISCELLANEOUS 30,40 TOPICS Question paper is here:
Part 1:-> Psychometric test.
Easiest thing in the world. Eight figures with you having to predict the ninth.
Just use some common sense and u r thru this test. A WORD OF CAUTION tho; plz.
do not waste time on a question if u r not sure ,just come back later n then do
it. (36questions- 40minutes.)
Part 2:-> Engineering syllabus based Technical Test
Some of the questions r a s follows:-
a) What is reverse engineering.
b) Octal of some binary number(comes to 165 in decimal after conversion).
c) A cobol prog with an integer array(I guess coz i did not have Cobol in my
d) A problem on Depth first search(very simple).
e) Question on Grammar's frm Theory of computer science.
f) Something like Select the correct option when A Subset of(B Subset of(A
Intersection B).if B is completely contained by A.
g) A question on memory(quite simple).
h) A couyple of questions on C(one on pointers).
We were given the topic "Do u think women make better managers?"A debatable
topic , but we merely agreed with each other and no big problem with it.
1.APM-arithemetic progression matrices 36 questions -40 minutes
2.computer basis -like OP,UNIX,cobol,....(only basic questions )-40 questions
-30 minutes.,for all branches the pattern is samefor APM they gave a booklet
author-j.v.raven(not sure )very easy even though those who didn't receive call
letter after applying don't worry it will end in a walkin. computer questions
ex:why goto statement must be avoided,function of engineering reversal,
specification&design are related by (followed by venn diagram),some questions in
pascal...two c program using while and for staements,
The second part is of 30 minutes and covers various (IMHO
irrelevant) topics. Some more questions.
Remember all are multiple choice questions with either 4 or 5 options so you
have at least a 20-25% chance of being right even if you are clueless. No
1. what is an inode in unix?
2. small program in pascal to add a node to a linked list. (You have totell what
the program does)
3. C strcmp program (You have to tell what the program does)
4. set of dos commands testing basic familiarity with dir, ren *.t?t, cd etc.
5. what is the order of binary search?
6. what is the order of strassens matrix multiplication?
7. you have to maintain the sorted order of integers and insert integers . which
data structure would you use? (tree, list, queue, array?)
8. There are two lists of integers to be merged. Which method would you not use?
9. In an online database system when is data written to disk? (on pressing
enter, when commit
or update is encountered, at end of data, all of the above) (was clueless! )
10. Small prolog function which prints 2345true. You need to tell output.
11. Convert this binary into octal. 010 100 101
12. Lisp program given. what does it do? (GCD, LCM, Multiplies mxn?)
13. What is paging?
14. what is segmentation?
15. 2/3 questions on equivalence class, associative and commutative properties.
16. question on poset.
17. one figure given, give regular expression for it (very basic)
Sample Paper 2
1. a( [ B ( [A^ C]]
where '(' and '^' are symbols related to SET and '^' is not exact
symbol , it is curved not conical(due to limitation of
key board ), represents"union"
a. has no sense
b.It is associative as well as commutative
2.2's complement of given Binary number
3. Octal Equivalent of a Binary number
Ac + AB + BC =